Healthy skin keeps you looking young and beautiful. These 6 habits will help you protect your skin and keep your youthful glow:
- Choose Your Food Wisely. Walnuts, blueberries, spinach, avocados, salmon, kale, Greek yogurt, and green tea can all help your skin stay nourished and healthy. Look for foods with omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin C, healthy proteins, and antioxidants.
- Stay Hydrated. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to keep your energy up and keep your skin hydrated.
- Be Careful In The Sun. If you’re going outside, apply sunscreen—even if it is overcast or cold outside. For best results, apply the sunscreen a half an hour before you go outside, reapply it throughout the day, and don’t forget your ears and nose. Sun exposure can seriously damage your skin and make you look much older than you really are. Sun damage causes wrinkles, dryness, toughness, spots, and skin cancer. For extra protection, wear hats to shade your face, avoid going outside between 10am and 4pm, and wear clothes that cover your skin.
- Keep Germs Off Your Face.Germs can clog your pores and cause acne. To keep germs off your face, wash your hands often, keep your hair out of your face, wash your pillowcase every week, avoid touching your face, and wash your makeup off every night before going to bed
- Get Plenty Of Rest. No one likes be told they look tired, but a lack of sleep can take a serious toll on your health and your appearance. Getting enough sleep will help you avoid dark circles under your eyes and a haggard, drawn appearance. Sleep keeps your entire body healthy—that includes your skin.
- Use Skin Care Products That Protect Your Skin. Some products will protect and nourish your skin and others can damage it. For best results, get recommendations from a dermatologist. In general, you should use a gentle cleanser to wash your face every day, apply moisturizer with sunscreen, and use an anti aging cream at night.
Dr. Calderon’s office sells many products that are well suited to caring for your skin. To learn more about taking care of your skin and protecting your appearance, schedule an appointment with Dr. Calderon.