Wrinkles make you look older and can detract from your appearance. While wrinkles are a natural part of aging, there are a lot of things you can do to prevent and delay the appearance of wrinkles.
Start Protecting Your Skin Early
The sooner you start taking care of your skin, the better off you’ll be. Develop a skin care routine before you start noticing signs of aging.
• Clean your face every morning with a gentle cleanser. Use your hands or a very soft cloth.
• Apply moisturizer to your skin after washing your face before using any makeup products.
• Apply makeup gently, especially near the fragile skin around your eyes.
• Always wash off your makeup before going to bed, and sleep on your back if possible.
• Use a night cream with retinol to improve skin tone, prevent wrinkles and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
• Remember that your neck needs just as much attention as your face. Don’t forget to apply moisturizer, retinol cream, and other skin care products to your neck every time you apply something to your face.
At Dr. Calderon’s office, we offer many skin care products that can help you start taking care of your skin early. Visit our website or contact Dr. Calderon for recommendations about which skin products to use.
Avoid Sun Damage
Avoiding sun damage is one of the most important things you can do to prevent wrinkles.
• Wear long clothing that covers your skin or apply sunscreen before spending time outside.
• Take sunscreen with you when you go out and reapply it throughout the day. This is especially important if you’ll be in the water.
• Wear sunglasses and a hat to shade your face.
• Stay in the shade or indoors between 10 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon.
• Avoid tanning whether it is on the beach or in a salon. A tan will not protect your skin from sun damage and the radiation you expose yourself to when you tan is dangerous.
To learn more about preventing wrinkles and taking care of your skin, schedule a consultation with Dr. Calderon.